Roasted Garlic with Fresh Herbs
12 heads farm fresh garlic heads
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
4 sprigs fresh thyme
1.5 cup olive oil
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the top of the garlic heads, enough to expose the flesh of the garlic.
- Place the garlic heads in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle some olive oil on top and save the rest. Season with salt and pepper. Pour some water into a baking dish just enough to cover the bottom of the dish. This will help prevent the bottom to stick on to the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- While waiting, prepare the fresh herbs marinade. Chop the herbs coarsely and set aside. Zest and juice the lemon and add to the remaining olive oil. Add chopped herbs and season with salt.
- Check to see if the garlic heads are tender. The cloves should start to separate from each other. Be careful of steam coming out off baking dish. If they are still hard, keep them covered and bake for another 5 min until ready.
- Transfer garlic onto a sheet tray. Baste with herb marinade generously and broil for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
The last step can be done on the grill as well. Other favourite fresh herbs may be used or substituted. Serve with crostini’s, bread crisp or toasted pita. Enjoy! 🙂
— Cel Molina