Meadow Creek Chorizo Chickpea Stew
4 cooking chorizo sausages, cut into thick slices
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 red onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin seed
1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
400g cherry tomatoes
1 lemon, juiced
cilantro, fresh to taste
watercress micro, to taste
1. In a large pan, heat the oil to medium heat and render the chorizo, breaking it up as it cooks until it has released its oil onto the pan and begins to crisp.
2. Remove the chorizo and leave the oil.
3. Use the chorizo oil to sweat the onion until translucent and add the garlic.
4. Add spices.
5. Cook for additional minute to incorporate the flavors.
6. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas and water, then add chorizo and season to
taste with salt and pepper.
7. Simmer until the chorizo and chickpeas are cooked through. Garnish with chopped parsley, cilantro and watercress micro.
Contributed by: Hyatt Regency
Chef: Jo Ong